Who we are
Hyde-Addison Elementary School provides education from pre-kindergarten through fifth grade.
While part of the larger DC Public Schools system, we are a tightly-knit, diverse community with its own unique culture. We are committed to educating the “whole child,” supporting each and every student academically, emotionally and socially. When you walk into our school, you will feel welcomed, supported, and challenged to be your best self. Our leaders, teachers, staff, and families are all deeply invested in making this a place where students are happy to come every day, where they will grow, and where they will be prepared for higher education and their careers.
Hyde-Addison’s unique culture is reflected in our Vision, Mission, and Core Values:
We seek to empower our children to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
Through rigorous, student-centered learning, we seek to inspire a diverse group of learners that creates positive, lasting change in the world.
We seek to cultivate in our children and all members of our community the following values:
- Kindness - Making others feel valued and wanting them to do well by showing care in your words, thoughts, and actions
- Integrity - Owning your mistakes and choosing to do the right thing, even when difficult
- Curiosity - Possessing the desire and willingness to wonder, experiment, and explore
- Diversity - Acknowledging and accepting differences in order to celebrate them, best understand one another, and build trust
- Perseverance - Working through a challenge and staying committed, even when difficult, in order to achieve a goal, grow, or improve in skill or character