Please join us on August 30th for Back to School Night. Sessions will be led by teachers and involve their daily schedule and routines. Session 1 and 2 will be identical presentations to allow parents with more than one child to see both teachers. Specials teachers will be set up in the cafeteria to meet with families. Child care will be provided for students that are enrolled at Hyde-Addison. Here is the schedule:
- 6:00 - Principal welcome
- 6:10-6:25 - PTA Welcome
- 6:30-7:00 - Session 1 in classrooms
- 7:05-7:35 - Session 2 in classrooms
- Breakfast starts at 8:00 am. If your child(ren) wish to eat breakfast prior to 8:20 am, a parent or guardian must escort them to the cafeteria through the main doors and remain with them until 8:20 am. Students will be not be supervised before this time.
- If your child is taking the bus from Hyde, the bus will depart from Hyde at 7:10 am, for before care students, and 8:00 am for regular day students.
- If your child is walking to school they may enter through the main doors at 8:20 am.
- If your child is dropped off by a parent or guardian please use the drop off lane in front of the school. A drop off attendant will be outside to receive your child. Parents are also welcome to find parking in the neighborhood for morning drop off and escort their child(ren) into the building.
- All students should be in the building by 8:35.
- All students will be dismissed at 3:25 pm.
- If your child is taking the bus to Hyde for pickup, the bus will depart from Meyer at 3:35 pm, 4:40 pm, and 5:40 pm. The buses that depart at 4:40 pm and 5:40 pm are only for students enrolled in aftercare and enrichment programs.
- If your child is unaccompanied walking home they will leave through the main doors.
- If your child is picked up by a parent or guardian students will wait to be picked up in the cafeteria. All children must be signed out. Street parking is available in the neighborhood.
- After 3:30, students must be picked up from the main office.
Mr. C is still accepting applications for Before and After Care. Completed paperwork can be emailed to email@example.com.
Attached, please find the fall schedule for enrichment classes. To register for classes, please visit www.kssprograms.com.
Please sign up to receive the PTA’s newsletter as well as you student’s classroom newsletter here:http://eepurl.com/cSwTFr
Attached, please find the meal menus for breakfast, PK and K-5 lunches for August. Find more information about creating your student’s lunch account and signing up for Free and Reduced Lunch here:https://dcps.dc.gov/food
- Wednesday, August 30: Back to School Night
- Friday, September 1: School Wide Meeting – Ms. Lee’s Class
- Monday, September 4: No School – Labor Day
The new school year is here and every day is a new opportunity for our students to learn and grow. We all have a role to play in ensuring students get to school, ready to learn, and understand that #EveryDayCounts. Go to attendance.dc.gov to learn more.